Saturday 21 April 2012

The best laid plans...

as always i have the best of intentions but somehow life gets in the way! I've done so well this week but on Friday I had to travel to Birmingham for work and then collect the kids from school so I only managed to run and then Saturday turned into the usual Dad's taxi service between football, dance & swimming so the ride I had planned never materialised. Note to self: be more organised!!
As it happens the day off has helped as I managed to hurt a muscle in my left shoulder swimming on Wednesday and my right hamstring is still tight. The right hamstring was the one the graft was taken from for my ACL reconstruction and the surgeon told me it will never be 100% again, infact it would probably only get to 85%-90% if I was lucky and diligent with rehab, we shall see. On that note I have an appointment with the surgeon the first week in May for the final sign off, and to pass my plans in front of him, hopefully not to be told I am barking mad!
Tomorrow it's long run day so I'm hoping for overcast, cool and no rain. I don't know what it is but I much prefer wrapping up in gloves and a hat for a run than sweating in a singlet, it must be the Mancunian in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment