Wednesday 25 April 2012

Is this wise...

You may have noticed, well the one of you out there reading this who isn't married to me!, that its been a few days since I've posted.

Life, it can get in the way sometimes. We have just moved into our new house, and whilst I am no great fan of DIY there is a raft of jobs to do, added to which the first day we moved in was the day we bought our son home from hospital after my wife, Michelle's, speedy labour in the birthing pool (I'm taking this as a sign that little Austin is destined to be a demon in the pool!). Drop my training schedule into all this and life certainly gets busy in a hurry. I've been reading 'Get Iron Fit' which has some great time saving tips so today my run was at lunch and I managed to finish 15 minutes early at work to get to the pool. I broached the subject of bringing my turbo into the house but this was swiftly rejected by she who must be obeyed - apparently it doesn't fit the aesthetic she has created! Looks like i will be confined to the garage for the foreseeable future. Looking at my training schedule my weekly hours top out at 6 hours a week in this first 10 week cycle, how do people fit in 10, 12 or even 15 hours a week?

On a related note I joined the Runners World forum today and browsed the triathlon forum to see what the 'Pirates' were upto. After reading IronHolg's book last summer, which has been a great inspiration to get started on my own iron journey, I wanted to see what the craic was and sure enough they seem like a friendly bunch and I can see that in the weeks to come a little friendly banter and encouragement may well be helpful in keeping this wagon on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment