Saturday 28 April 2012

Falling off the wagon....

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, but tonight was the night that I succumbed to temptation. I don't mean anything exciting such as making an impulse purchase of a Gamin 910XT, oh no, I mean stuffing my face with half a tub of Hagen Daz Strawberry Cheesecake!

I've been doing really well with my nutrition, I don't like to call it a diet as it isn't, really. More I'm watching what I'm consuming and trying to keep a good eye on calories in and out. I know that given the extra training the result will be a loss in weight but I really want to improve the quality of the nutrition I am consuming. I've read that when you are consuming less calories than you are expending the body can crave foods that provide what you are missing or need, I'm not sure where the craving for Strawberry Cheesecake comes into it though - I shudder at the image of me in a wetsuit at the moment.

Ahh well it looks like an extra 45 minutes on the bike tomorrow and porridge for breakfast and lunch, assuming of course that I see the morning tomorrow. I am pulling the late feed for Austin tonight which usually means getting to bed around 3am, suffice to say my ride tomorrow will not be an early one! As I mused in an earlier post sometimes I wonder if this is a good idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment