Tuesday 17 April 2012

Well this is it, the start of the journey. I've had fun making my plan, creating the spreadsheets and timetables, choosing the challenge and generally talking the talk....now its time to walk the walk! They say the numbers don't lie, I wish mine did. I start the journey with a considerable load, 224lbs or 16 stone, to be precise! Since snapping my ACL in my right leg last January whilst skiing its fair to say that my lack of mobility has been an excuse to indulge in the pleasure of food and drink especially before, during and after my wedding last April. However, the birth of my son in March led me to have a good look at myself and the future. When he is 10 I will be 50, when he is 20 I will be 60... What kind of shape will I be in 10 or 20 years down the line, will I be able to play football, cycle with him, even just run around? I'm told that the worst place to carry any weight is 'the spare tyre' and guess where I carry mine. It significantly increases chances of heart disease, liver disease and even cancer. Time to shape up then!

No comments:

Post a Comment